New poem in Bywords


The August issue of Bywords is live and it's a generous one: six poems, plus a review! That's something I could get used to. Besides featuring thought-provoking work by Michael Blouin, Lori Garrison, Shery Alexander Heinis, Emily Falvey and Conyer Clayton, it also includes Diana Manole's deep reading of Helen Hajnoczky's Magyarázni. Oh, and my poem, "Huron Sheets Clinic".

It occurred to me that "Huron Sheets Clinic" coincides with the anniversary of my first, non-student publication for poetry -- also in Bywords! It was six Augusts ago that their selection committee chose "Imaginary Moats" and transformed my idle daydreams about being a published writer into reality.

Thanks to Amanda Earl and the Bywords team for having me back again. Now go read the issue.

Comments

Popular Posts